Wednesday, March 25, 2009

NEWSFLASH: NSW PREMIER'S LITERARY AWARDS

How EXCITING is this? The prestigious New South Wales Premiers Literary Awards shortlists have been announced. My friend Dianne Bates is on for the Ethel Turner Prize for Young Adult Fiction list with Crossing the Line. Read my review here. Di was kind enough to be my first OZ LIT PROFILE (some would say first victim). Also on the list is another book I've been recommending, Michelle Cooper's A Brief History of Montmaray. Read my review here. And one I bought but have yet to read - the Monster Blood Tattoo series.

and the complete YA list for 2009... drum roll...
  • Dianne Bates - Crossing the Line
  • Michelle Cooper - A Brief History of Montmaray
  • D.M.Cornish - Monster Blood Tattoo Book two: Lamplighter
  • Alison Goodman - The Two Pearls of Wisdom
  • Nette Hilton - Sprite Downberry
  • Joanne Horniman - My Candlelight Novel

and The Patricia Wrightson Award for Junior Literature shortlist... another drum roll...

  • Ursula Dubursarsky & Tohby Riddle (Illustrator) - The Word Spy
  • Bob Graham - How to Heal a Broken Wing
  • Sonya Hartnett and Ann James (Illustrator) - Sadie and Ratz
  • Glenda Millard and Stephen Michael King (Illustrator) - Perry Angel's Suitcase
  • Tohby Riddle - Nobody Owns the Moon
  • Shaun Tan - Tales from Outer Suburbia

Two of these I haven't read. More reading to do! And more info here on the official website.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin