Thursday, March 26, 2009

TOP 5 BOOKS ABOUT... MICE

I really like animal stories and it seems there are more around lately after years of being the 'no go' subject. As an aspiring writer I lost count of how many times I was advised 'No animal stories. Editors don't want them.' But I love a good animal fantasy - fashionable or not. And I am pleased to see them making their way back into vogue. Especially as I am working on one now.

Suprisingly, a lot of my favourites star mice. Mice are an ethical dilemma in our house. Two family members have reptile keeping licences and we all know what snakes eat... All qualms aside, here are my favourite mouse books.


  1. The Tale of Despereaux - Kate DiCamillo
  2. The Gruffalo - Julia Donaldson
  3. The Redwall series - Brian Jacques
  4. Stuart Little - E B White
  5. Library Mouse - Daniel Kirk

and no, I'm not writing about a mouse *grin*

Does anyone have a favourite mouse book to add?

1 comment:

BookChook said...

Mrs Frisby and the Rats of Nimh by Robert C. O'Brien.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin