Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A Togethery and Remembery Christmas Wish

I've been inspired by Christmassy crafting particularly the advent calendars on Tanya McCartney's blog and Children's Books Daily.

Next year I will start earlier and make Advent calendars. I've filed the instructions away in Evernote. For this year I decided to start with something less ambitious.

My immediate problem was Christmas Cards. I couldn't find anything I liked so I decided to make my own. Pinning down my family for photos proved to be impossible. No way, Mum!

I'm not very visually talented. I prefer to paint with words but I do like to cut and paste. I figured the trick was to keep it simple, basic Christmas colours and traditional motifs.

The best part was the fun I had making them. I found the perfect book quote to go inside each one:

"Christmas is a togethery sort of holiday," said Pooh.
"That’s my favourite kind," said Piglet, "Togethery and Remembery." – A. A. Milne

For 2014, I wish everyone a togethery and remembery Christmas.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin