Sunday, March 7, 2010

Can a Guest Blog Post Sell a Book?

Yes it can. I read a blog post this week and just had to have the book. The book was The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angelberger and I found it on author Cynthia Leitich Smith's blog Cynsations.

First the cover grabbed me. I'm a Star wars fan ever since I sneaked out to see the first movie back in 1977. I love origami and the idea of Origami Yoda had me reaching for my pad of paper squares. But the final nail in the book order was Tom's blog post account of how the book made it's way through the tricky, trademark-obstacled path to publication. Heartwarming! I'm not going to spoil the story. I recommend you read it here.

And watch it here:




I'll be back with a review of the book another day. And if anyone wants a guest blogger author, I'm always available...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin