Thursday, June 4, 2009

WORD COUNT WEDNESDAY

I have my calculator out again. Samurai Kids Book 5 is due on my editor's desk 1 November. Beginning 1 June and taking the weekends off I have 110 writing days. I'll probably write about 40,000 words this time. So that's 365 words a day. I know it doesn't sound like much but sometimes a good 365 words that don't all get deleted the next day is a hard ask.

{365 words = a year of words each day. I like the sound of that!}

So tonight I should have 1,095 and I have... drumroll... 3,600. I'm not celebrating just yet.The beginning is always the fastest flowing section for me but I know how quickly those words dribble away. I love writing beginnings but chapter 5 is my choke and splutter point. Around about then I start to think how much fun it would be to write the first chapter of a new manuscript. But once I am on to chapter 6, it's all down hill. Around about then the last chapter will start to form. I'm old enough to have watched the A team - more times than I care to admit - but to quote George Peppard: I love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin