Friday, May 8, 2009

I'M GOING ON A BLOG HUNT

And I know exactly where I'm going. With all the wonderful blogs about books and reading and writing, for books of all types for all ages, you wouldn't think there would be a niche left. But there is.

Check out Guys Lit Wire. A site that targets books for guys.

Now I know there are all sort of gender issues in literature and I don't want to discuss those. Well, not tonight anyway. But teenage boys exist in a YA world where I am totally lost. I often have to buy a book for a reader in that age group, and with the exception of sci-fi/fantasy (the most genderless fiction of all) I haven't a clue where to start looking.

Until I found Guys Lit Wire. Set up in May 2008, their mission is (from the website):

Guys Lit Wire exists solely to bring literary news and reviews to the attention of teenage boys and the people who care about them. We are more than happy to welcome female readers - but our main goal is to bring the attention of good books to guys who might have missed them. The titles will be new or old and on every subject imaginable. We guarantee new posts every Monday through Friday and have a list of twenty-three individual scheduled contributors plus several additional occasional posters all of whom have different literary likes and dislikes. We hope to provide something for everyone and will strive to accomplish that goal.

And they succeed in doing exactly that. I love the insight they give me. I love the books they help me find. And I love the way I now have a much better chance of choosing a successful present match.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

We aim to please Sandy - I'm so glad you've found some good books at GLW!

Colleen Mondor - GLW administrator

Sandy Fussell said...

It's a brilliant site Colleen and I check in almost daily. I tell everyone I know about it so I thought I'd best blog about it too - and tell even those I don't know *grin*.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin