Monday, March 30, 2009

IN MY MAILBOX

There were only three books in my mailbox last week and it's probably a good thing too as other areas of my life are overflowing. Like the ironing basket...


Crime Time by Sue Bursztynski - one of my sons is already eyeing this one.
from chillers to thriller, goofballs to underworld thugs, fraudsters to thieves...







Fire song by Libby Hathorn - Edith's mother asks her to commit insurance. What will Edith decide to do? I love the cover.




Great Rock Whale by Christine Paice and Wendy O'Malley -
This book is visually stunning. And who can resist a blurb like this :

The Great Whale is sad and lonely, lost in the vast oceans of the world. He is looking for his family - to belong. After thousands of years searching he loses heart, and stops to rest and sleep under a cliff. In time, being true to himself and becoming one with the world, he is found by those he belongs to.

I also love the fact that this book is about somewhere close to me and firmly anchored in my childhood holiday memories the Kiama Blowhole.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin