Sunday, March 15, 2009

DISTRACTIONS

It's 12.20am and that means I've missed two days blogging. So it's excuses time. First I have been helping revamp The Reading Stack web site. Our editor has decided it's time to make the reviews available on line - especially as we get so many requests for copies and this means people can print now them off themselves . My html skills are a little rusty and the Ed decided she wanted a template she downlaoded that had all sorts of bugs in it for me to iron out (And I hate ironing by the way!)

But the real time-consumer, drum roll, I have been created a book trailer for the Samurai Kids series. Now do I have any professional ability in this area? No, I had to learn the most basic stuff! Do I have any graphic skill? No. In my house I'm not even allowed to colour co-ordinate the furniture. But such details have never stopped me before and although I have a long way to go I am happy with my progress and very proud to post the first two slide right here, right now.

3 comments:

BookChook said...

It looks great so far!

I have a friend with a great site for trailers (free). Contact me if you want info.

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh, I need to get my hands on a copy of White Crane. Woot woot!!


Tarie :D

Sandy Fussell said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Tarie. I had to look up 'woot woot' in the urban dictionary and found 'An expression one may utter in complete approval or joy. eg "Woot Woot!" I said in agreement.' So now you've taught me a new word! PS The Narnia books are on my all-time top 10 and are one of the few original books I still have from my primary school days!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin